How do I insert my Louloucup menstrual cup?
- STERILIZE We advise you to boil your cup each time you use it for 5 minutes
- WASH Use warm water and mild soap to wash your hands and menstrual cup with clean water
- FOLD your menstrual cup using your favourite folding method
- INSERT your menstrual cup standing or squatting
- GentlyRELEASE your menstrual cup while it is inside. It will pop out and stick to your vaginal wall.
- CHECK the positioning of your menstrual cup. Run a finger along the edge of your menstrual cup to make sure it is properly extended
How do I remove my Louloucup menstrual cup?
- WASH your hands
- INSERT your fingers into your vagina to locate the base of the menstrual cup. If you can't, gently pull on the stem until you feel the base of the cup; when you feel the base of the cup, pinch the bottom to cancel the suction effect
- If your menstrual cup is rolled up, use the stem to gently pull the cup back towards the entrance of your vagina so that you can pinch the base of the menstrual cup and cancel the suction effect.
- If it is really high and you have trouble reaching it, push it down with your vaginal muscles.
- Never remove your menstrual cup by pulling only on the stem
- Gentlypull your menstrual cup from one side to the other while gently removing it
- Empty your menstrual cup
- RINSE AND STERILIZE Use warm water and mild soap to rinse your cup
- RANGE Put your cup back or store it in its cotton pouch until the next time you use it
- Wash your hands before handling your menstrual cup
- Do not wear your menstrual cup for more than 6 hours at a time
- Check that all four holes of the menstrual cup are clean
- To avoid stains on your menstrual cup, rinse your cup with cold water
- You don't have to remove your menstrual cup to go to the toilet
- You must remove your menstrual cup before having sex
- Louloucup is not a contraceptive and does not protect you against sexually transmitted diseases
- Do not use your Louloucup to collect post-natal blood
- Don't let the blood spill from your menstrual cup
- If you have gynaecological problems, consult your gynaecologist before using your menstrual cup
Stem and cutting position
Louloucup is positioned differently according to the morphology of each woman.
For some it will stay down at the entrance to the vagina or for others it may rise higher, and this is normal. If the menstrual cup sits very high - don't panic - this is perfectly normal, just push it down with your vaginal muscles.
High position of the cut
Low cut position
If the stem is in the way, you can also cut it off. Remove your menstrual cup before cutting the stem.