You want to change should offer superior hygienic protection ? Tired of periodic tampons or disposable pads? There You can wear a menstrual cup or cup is an ideal alternative.
In fact, it does not contain any chemical substances. You're probably wondering how to use it. This may be your first use of menstrual cup.
Don't worry, we'll explain everything to you. You ask yourself many questions aboutusing the period cup ? You can also read our following blog articles:
- Are my IUD and my cup good friends?
- What is the story of our menstrual cup made in France?
- What is the correct position for my cup?
- Help, my cup is full. How do I do ?
Discover the menstrual cup
🩸 Internal intimate and feminine protection
First of all, the menstrual cup is a intravaginal protection. Unlike menstrual panties for example, the cup is a internal hygienic protection. It is inserted into the vagina to collect your menstrual flow.
🩸 What does a menstrual cup look like?
The menstrual cup corresponds to a receptacle made of medical silicone with a stem. She looks like a small inverted bell. This small object is soft and flexible. It can be folded over easily. This is necessary to insert it at the entrance to your vagina. To the touch, you can see that the Loulou cup is really extra-soft.
🩸 What is the menstrual cup made of?
La Loulou menstrual cup is very soft because it is made from medical silicone. Its composition is healthy, the cup contains no phthalates, latex, bisphenol, alcohol or perfume. Hypoallergenic, it does not cause any irritation, reaction or intimate dryness. It therefore respects your vaginal flora.
Unlike tampons and towels, the cup has a healthy composition for health and intimacy. It is also completely transparent.
🩸 How exactly does a period cut work?
Its operation is ultimately very simple to understand. This little bell, this little cup placed at the entrance to the vagina will collect the menstrual blood that flows. He collects him, holds him without him being able to escape.
It will contain the blood, unlike the tampon which absorbs it. Regularly, you will need to remove the cup, empty it and rinse it. But no need to worry, the tank is large enough for it not to saturate.
🩸 Choose your cup wisely
The choice of your cup (its size, its firmness) depends on several factors: the tone of your perineum, the intensity of your menstrual flow, whether or not you have had a vaginal birth.
All the benefits of menstrual cups
The cup is therefore a internal hygienic protection which plays a container role. Discretion assured, nothing is too much! It's also perfect for avoiding bad odors because the blood is not in the open air and cannot oxidize.
The capacity of the cup is 3 times greater than the absorption of tampons. It is therefore a perfect intimate solution to manage heavy menstrual flow or very heavy menstrual flow.
A healthy alternative to tampons, the cup is ideal for practicing physical activity or swimming. Simply insert it inside the vagina, you can then be calm and free to move.
The principle is really simple, the cup is inserted, worn, emptied, washed and then reused. It is therefore a eco-friendly feminine protection which can last for years.
Fitting menstrual cup
For all our advice on using the period cup, you can find and consult our Complete Guide to Menstrual Cups.
🩸 What is the procedure to follow?
- Sterilize the cup at the start of the cycle. Either using a sterilizer or in a saucepan in boiling water.
- well i know wash your hands before insertion.
- Sit back and relax. The ideal positions for placing the cup are: standing with one leg raised, squatting or sitting on the toilet. On the other hand, it is not recommended to insert it lying down, this can cause incorrect placement of the menstrual cup. Don't worry, you'll quickly get the hang of it.
- Then fold the cup. Take the time to handle it and try the different ones folds proposed: in C, in seven or in tulip.
- Gently insert the folded cup into your vagina while remaining relaxed.
- Notice that once released, your cup unfolded against the walls of your vagina. It should not hurt or embarrass you. If this is the case, it is because the cup is incorrectly placed.
- You can wash your hands again and enjoy your several hours of freedom.
🩸 What are the precautions for using your cup?
The menstrual cup remains a device to be used with caution> by following the recommendations:
- Rinse it well between each use and clean it every day; we advise you, if you can, to alternate between two menstrual cups and to increase the number of sterilizations;
- use a neutral soap or an intimate hygiene gel for your toilet;
- wash hands before insertion or removal;
- le toxic shock syndrome(SCT) can occur during prolonged use of internal hygienic protection. The victims are women carrying the S. aureus bacteria which secretes TSST-1 toxins. You should therefore not wear the cup for more than 6 hours in a row;
- always get into the habit of automatically sterilizing the menstrual cup at the start of each cycle
- do not wear a cup in case of mycosis, fragility or vaginal infection;
- do not keep it during sexual intercourse;
- do not wear it at night, prefer menstrual panties;
- do not wear it during postpartum bleeding. It is important to always seek the advice of a gynecologist or midwife.
What are the different Louloucup cup models?
Louloucup offers two very distinct models of menstrual cups made in France :
- a CSoft Turquoise menstrual cup for the most sensitive vaginas;
- a classic pink menstrual cup a little firmer for women who gave birth vaginally in particular.
Both models are available in two sizes:
- a size small for light to normal menstrual flow;
- a medium size for normal to very heavy menstrual flow.
Louloucup can be put together in a pack with menstrual panties to complete your menstrual routine and be protected day and night. Louloucup also offers cup+sterilizer+pouch sets to cover all eventualities.
The good news ? With Louloucup, the more period panties or cups you add to your pack, the higher price the unit of products decreases! A great deal! And always with Louloucup, the Shipping are free in France and Europe, and shipping within 48 hours.